We are always looking for volunteers and interns. We have a wide range of areas you can help your local Sheriff and learn about law enforcement.
- A high school diploma or GED from schools accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Be at least 19 years of age or older.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Have a valid Florida driver’s license at the time of hire and possess a good driving record. Applicants with convictions for driving under the influence of alcoholic beverages or narcotics will be automatically disqualified.
- Be of good moral character with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions involving moral character or false statements.
Drug Use Hiring Policy:
- At the date of the application, the applicant will be allowed to process if they had any prior use of a controlled substance (defined under FSS 893) within the last three (3) years for marijuana and five (5) years for all other illegal drugs.
- Use of a controlled substance prior to age 25 may be considered a youthful indiscretion. Youthful indiscretion is defined as 20 times or less for cannabis and 10 for all others.
- Any sale of a controlled substance to others will be an automatic disqualifier.
- Use of any controlled substance while in a law enforcement position or in a position that carries with it a high level of responsibility and public trust is an automatic disqualifier.
- Any untruthfulness on this or any other issue during the employment process will result in immediate termination and further consideration for employment.
- Any exceptions to this policy must be approved by the Sheriff.
Complete and send to FCSO Human Resources the volunteer application. It can be downloaded here: Volunteer Application
The FCSO HR Division will review your volunteer/intern application and conduct a criminal history background check, fingerprinting and department of motor vehicles driver’s license history.
You will be scheduled to conduct an interview with the Human Resources, as well as a meeting with the Sheriff.