Public Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Phone: (386) 586-4860
Contact Phone Numbers:
- Main Number / Reception Area - (386) 586-4871
- Inmate Information/Bonds/Booking - (386) 586-4871
- Medical Unit - (386) 437-4116
- Inmate Records - (386) 586-4871/4864
- Inmate Commissary - (386) 586-4863
- Inmate Mental Health - (386) 437-4116 Ext 382
- Food Service - (386) 437-4116 Ext 367
- Inmate Classifitation - (386) 313-2204,2205,2207
- Inmate Transportation -(386) 586-4863 Ext 353
News Flash on FINGERPRINTING:
CARE PROVIDER BACKGROUND SCREENING
EFFECTIVE JAN. 1, 2013 Changes in the law, passed during the 2010 legislative session (Chapter Law 2010-114), and significantly modifies the background screening and hiring process for many service providers regulated by a variety of state agencies such as:
1. Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA)
2. Department of Health (DOH)
3. Department of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
4. Department of Elder Affairs (DOEA)
5. Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ)
6. Department of Children and Families (DCF)
7. Agency for Persons with Disabilities (APD)
For more information, visit: http://ahca.myflorida.com/MCHQ/CentralServices/ BackgroundScreening
Scroll down to Information & Resources, then click on the link for LiveScan Service Provider Details, or
Bureau of Central Services
Background Screening Unit
2727 Mahan Drive, Mail Stop #40
Tallahassee, FL 32308
The FBI has notified our Agency that effective April 1st, 2012, they will ONLY ACCEPT LIVE SCANS fingerprints. In compliance with this directive, we will only take live scan prints for use in the State of Florida from hereon. The only time we will take INK fingerprints is for an Application of Eligibility for Expungement with FDLE and for prints to be submitted outside of FL
Please make sure that before you make an appointment or come for your scheduled appointment, you have the:
1. ORI # (Originating Agency Identifier) with you. It is a 9-digit code which starts with the letters FL and ends with Z. If your employer does not have it on hand, they can get it by calling the state agency where they registered their company.
2. Some agencies (particularly DCF and AHCA) also require an OCA # (Originating Case Agency). This series of numbers identifies them, and is also assigned by the state agency where they registered their company.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Without these numbers, will not be able to take your fingerprints. Your employer must provide you these numbers.
Fingerprints are conducted at the Detention Facility by appointment only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Call (386) 437-4116 ext. 343 and 345 to schedule an appointment and obtain additional information.
Fee Schedule for fingerprinting & Background Checks:
Electronic Fingerprinting - $5.00 per card
Ink Fingerprinting - $7.00 per card
Background Check - $5.00 per inquiry
EXACT CHANGE / CASH ONLY
Criminal Registration (for those on probabtion) is done only at the Detention Facility on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
from 8 am to 11 am then 1 pm to 3 pm.